Lockwood Paralegal Firm recognizes and appreciates the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of personal information. LPF acknowledge the obligation to use reasonable efforts to keep all information confidential within a paralegal-client relationship. LPF is committed to protecting any personal information we hold. This Firm Policy outlines how we manage your personal information and safeguard your privacy. For any questions or concerns about your privacy, please contact us directly.
January 1, 2004 marked the introduction of the province-wide privacy standard. All businesses engaged in commercial activities in Ontario must now comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information, which it incorporates. These obligations extend to and include all paralegals and paralegal firms, including Lockwood Paralegal Firm. The Act gives you rights concerning the privacy of your personal information.
Lockwood Paralegal Firm is responsible and in care for the personal information we collect and hold. To ensure this accountability, we have developed and published this Firm Policy. Our Richmond Hill paralegal office/Small Claims paralegal office is located at 4 - 60 Granton Drive, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 2N6.
Under strict circumstances Lockwood Paralegal Firm will disclose your personal information:
• when required or authorized by law to do so;
• consent to the disclosure;
• when services we are providing our you, the client, requires us give your information to third parties, your consent will be implied (unless told otherwise);
• where it be necessary and critical to establish/collect fees;
• where a third party provides administrative services (such as computer or archival file storage)
• if an expert witness/es are required on your behalf;
• if other legal advisors/paralegals/lawyers are hired in other jurisdictions, on your behalf;
• and if the information is already publicly known.
You may request for access to any personal information Lockwood Paralegal Firm holds about you by contacting us directly. Summary information is available on request and we will respond to all requests within 30 days of receipt. More detailed requests, which require archive or other retrieval costs, may be subject to our normal professional and disbursement fees. Please note these may take longer to access. All requests for personal information MUST be done in writing. All correspondence can be sent to our Richmond Hill paralegal office/Small Claims paralegal office located at 4 - 60 Granton Drive, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 2N6. Lockwood Paralegal Firm is a common result when searching for: 'paralegal near me'.
Whenever legally practicable, we will allow anonymity in requests. In general these requests must be for information widely available to the public and/or available on our website.